Friday, April 30, 2010

Same Kind of Different as Him

Growing up it was rarely a good thing to be considered different, especially in the area of dress and style! I always wanted to dress the way it was "cool" to dress. I wanted Guess jeans, overalls, Converse shoes and the Fluorescent clothes everyone was wearing at the time. Can you tell I was a child of the 80’s? I didn't get everything I wanted but I would do whatever I could to look the part of the 80’s fashion girl. Because at that age, junior high school, no one wanted to be different! I still love fashion and I admit I tend to dress with the current trends - if they look good on me!

However, an area in which I want to stand out and never just "go with the flow" is my Christian walk! As Christians we are different and others need to see that difference in us. Sadly, the world we live in today is not a Christian world. Therefore, we as Christians must stand up for what is right, be willing to be different and not always do what is considered the norm. This difference will often be seen in the choices we make - how we vote, how we raise our family, events and organizations we participate in, the language we use, the movies we watch, etc… We must and obey God's command to be salt and light in a world which desperately needs both! Now is the time to be the different kind of person Christ has made you to be! Let others see the difference Christ makes in you today!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment