Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's More Than Who You Know...Who Knows You?

"Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgement, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; for the Lord knows the way of the righteous but the way of the wicked will perish." -- Psalm 1:5-6

I am thankful to be counted among the righteous of God. I don't consider myself righteous because of my merit or good morals but because of my faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for my sins on the Cross. I now stand righteous before the Lord God Almighty and on the Day of Judgement will be found holy, spotless and perfect. The blood of Jesus has cleansed me from my sin and changed me so that I am now God's kind of person (righteous).

What a tragedy to be among those who are void of God and found wicked on the Day of Judgement. There really will be a day of accounting at the end of time and those who have never placed faith in Jesus for the salvation of their soul will be declared for what they are, wicked. The wicked will have no place in the assembly of the righteous. Scripture teaches in Revelation 20 the wicked will be cast into a lake of fire for all of eternity. Hell is a real place and those who choose rebellion against God will go there.

God tells us in our passage today that He "knows the way" of the righteous. God is actually omniscient and knows everything so what do these words really mean for the believer? I believe Psalm 1 is teaching us something of the intimacy we have with God as believers in Christ. Those who have submitted their life to God now enjoy fellowship, ongoing fellowship, with God. God is interested in us, and because of our faith in Him, He now has the opportunity to demonstrate this interest in a myriad of ways. God's is not a dispassionate onlooker when it comes to our life. God knows us, loves us and is intimately involved in everything about us. God intends to be exactly what we have asked Him to be, our Savior and Lord!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment