Thursday, October 28, 2010

Are You Ever on God's Mind?

I went to the doctor with my wife on Tuesday and saw the beating heart of my child for the first time on a sonogram. What an amazing, overwhelming experience to see the heart of a child beating; a heart only weeks old! Even now it leaves me speechless to consider what I was looking at on the sonogram screen!

God told the prophet Jeremiah, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." What? When was Jeremiah appointed as a prophet to the nations? When he was inside of his mother's womb! Paul wrote in Ephesians 2:10, "We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which He prepared in advance for us to do." God prepares in advance? How far in advance? Well, if we look to Jeremiah as our example, it would seem God prepares for our life and its impact long before we draw our first breath. If we believe in God's omniscience, and I do, then God prepared for our life in eternity past...a long, long time ago!

Amazed,
James


1 comment: