Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog...And There Was One Who Was A Prophet Too

During my time with God this morning I was reading in the book of Jeremiah and a verse in chapter 5 really spoke to me. “Your sins have deprived you of good.” When we get to Heaven I bet we will be surprised at how many blessings we missed on earth because of our sin.

God has a lot of blessing to pour out on our life but sin can cause Him to withhold them. Does this make God a mean God? Absolutely not! This makes God a great and perfect Father. When God withholds blessing it is for disciplinary purposes. God loves us too much to let us live in sin without some kind of corrective action on His part.


God wants all of us to have the best life possible and the best life is one fully committed and surrendered to Him. Pray and ask God to help you overcome the sin in your life; the sin that keeps you from experiencing all of the blessing God wants to give you.

God spoke another word to Jeremiah in chapter 3 verse 22, “Return faithless people; I will cure your backsliding.” If you are struggling with some sin in your life turn it over to God, run to Him in prayer and trust Him at His Word. God will cure your backsliding, help you be faithful and give you strength to overcome the temptation that overwhelms you. Only God can cure your backsliding! Self-effort, self-discipline and determination will never be enough to overcome sin in your life. Only God can cure us of our backsliding, get us on the road to right living and empower us to have the kind of life which experiences all of the blessing God intends for us to have. God wants you to begin experiencing His best today!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks you two for building this website. Daily devotionals I love them. I read our church devotionals and I have two websites I get every day at work. I wait until I have a quite time to really soak in the message. The message today was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandi,
    Thanks for the encouragement...we will keep em coming! Praying for you this week.

    James

    ReplyDelete