Monday, October 5, 2009

Spend a Latte time with God today

Like many other people in a America I have developed an expensive habit... Starbucks.   My morning is just not complete without it.  I never thought this would even be a temptation for me because I do not like coffee at all - that is until I discovered the Grande Non-fat six pump Chai Tea Latte... Yes I am one of those people!  Something is just not right in the morning if I haven't had my chai.  There are mornings when I'm running late when I have no choice but to skip the chai, but those mornings it may take me a little more time to get my pep up!  I have also tried to help the budget by substituting a homemade chai but it just isn't the same - no steamed milk, no fun to go cup - not the Starbucks experience!  

Isn't this exactly how we should view spending time with God?  It should be the thing in the morning that we look forward to the most!  It should become a daily habit and when we don't do it we should feel like something is missing in our day.  It should be something that makes us start the day with a pep!  And just like our favorite drink, there is nothing that can substitute for it!  

The next time you indulge in whatever your "chai" is... ask yourself if you have had your time with God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment