Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why "Love God...Love Others...Serve the World"

I was recently reading a book in which the authors highlighted a church whose "Purpose Statement" was "Love God, Love Others, Serve the World." I like it! The simplicity challenged me to rethink how I was "doing" ministry.

Life can be a complicated! However, more often than we care to admit, the complexities of life are due to the choices we have made along the way. I want to challenge you to think about your life in terms of the simple words of Jesus, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and love your neighbor as yourself."

4 comments:

  1. All I have ever wanted was to serve others. God blessed me with a heart for missions and I am patiently (sometimes) waiting His direction and His hand in the ministry he has placed in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheryl,
    Nice to see you found the new blog! Hope to see you post on here regularly. I will pray for you today. God has great purpose for your life and He really does want you to know what that is!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pastor James! Guess I will just have to get my sermons from you this way! lol. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and by the way...my ministry God has called me to...check it out! www.prisonwithoutwalls.org
    Tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete