Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jogging The Treadmill...Consistently

I head to the gym most weekday mornings to walk/jog (mostly walk) on the treadmill for half an hour. I imagine this will have some long term health benefits. I am told I am making my heart stronger and I admit I do have more energy since I started. The fellow who works at the gym recently commended me on my consistent attendance and encouraged me that the consistency would pay off. I suppose I am starting to see some of that "pay-off" in how I feel.

Consistency is a rule of life to which most of us pay too little attention. Whether it is a physical, mental or spiritual work out only consistency will produce results. Too often we spend a little time with God or occasional time with God and are disappointed in the lack of "results." Only consistent time with God develops a relationship and a changed life. You cannot build physical muscles with an occasional trip to the gym nor can you build a relationship with your husband, wife or God with an occasional conversation or prayer. The consistency of our actions will build the successes or failures of our life. Spend regular time with God...start today!

No comments:

Post a Comment