Thursday, June 3, 2010

Putting First Things First

I love my wife. I like her a lot too! She is a wonderful woman and I thank God for her. God not only blessed me with a very beautiful wife but a very good woman to spend the rest of my life with as well. I am blessed to be Kim's husband and a part of what God is doing to make her more like Jesus everyday. I could never have dreamed of a better woman to be my best friend, lover and partner than Kim.

Old timers are usually quick to say that marriage is not easy and requires a lot of work if it is going to be a success. Even if you have the best of partners you must still make a daily choice to love her (or him). Paul helps us know what real love is in 1 Corinthians 13. In this passage the apostle helps us understand love is much more than a goofy feeling in the pit of our stomach; love is a real, intentional choice and involves action! Be intentional and make the choice to love and serve your spouse today. God will bless you and your marriage when you put both He and your spouse ahead of yourself!

James




2 comments:

  1. Next on the recommended reading list:
    The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

    (very symbiotic with what you wrote above)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book! We went over some of what is in it when we did our pre-marital counseling.

    ReplyDelete