Friday, June 4, 2010

A Divine Appointment

Over the years God has truly blessed me with wonderful people in my life. I have been completely amazed how He would introduce someone into my life exactly at the time I needed them. He has been faithful to place people in my life who have been through very similar experiences and feelings and could completely empathize with me - which I know for me, always made the situation I was facing a little bit easier. I heard someone once say that these are "divine appointments" and I have loved that saying ever since. It gave me goosebumps to know that God, Himself, had arranged my life and this other person's life to meet at the very time that we met! Having someone counsel you and support you through something they have already conquered always gives great hope! It is so encouraging to see that person on the other side and be reassured that I too will get though this.

Sound familiar? Jesus, is that person for all of us! Jesus came to this earth as a human and experienced the same pain that we do today - the death of a parent, physical pain, temptation, etc... He has been through all of it! That is why one of his many titles is counselor".... And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. The most divine of all appointments is when Jesus comes into your life! Once you've had that appointment you know you will never be alone and there will always be a Wonderful Counselor to support, love, encourage and help you through those difficult times. What more could we ever need?!

Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment