Saturday, August 13, 2011

Praying For Barack Hussein Obama

"'I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone...for kings, and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." -- 1 Timothy 2:1-2

It doesn't matter one iota who you wish had won the election of 2008. It doesn't matter if you are a Republican or a Democrat. It doesn't matter who you hope will win the election of 2012! God wants us to pray for our leaders and right now our leader is Barack Obama.

I do not pray for all of President Obama's policies to succeed. In fact I often pray just the opposite of what Mr Obama hopes to succeed. I pray according to what I believe God wants for our country on moral and social issues so at times this puts me at odds with the president. I pray for an end to abortion. I pray for the defense of Biblical marriage. I pray for a revival of Christianity to the point our nation is once again thought to be a Christian nation. I do not believe Mr Obama hopes or prays for these same things. In fact, it appears he may hope and pray for just the opposite on some or all of these. But, I do pray for President Obama. I pray for the salvation of his soul, that God would guide him and give him wisdom. I pray that Mr Obama would follow God's ways of doing things and make good decisions for our country. I pray these things because I desire to live a quiet life in all godliness and holiness. I pray for President Obama because God has told me to do so and I will obey Jesus my Lord!

How are you praying for our president, congressmen and judges today?

James

No comments:

Post a Comment