Friday, May 21, 2010

Continuing Education...

Many people reading this blog probably do not know that I once taught school. In fact, for 9 years, my life consisted of writing lesson plans, teaching students, attending in-service meetings and grading papers! I was a teacher 24/7 and I loved my job! It was extremely hard work but it was also full of blessings. I was very blessed to work with some wonderful colleagues, meet some great parents and teach some incredible students! Over the years I gave assignments, projects and tests to hundreds of students. No matter what age I taught, there were always a few students who thought they already knew all the material I was trying to teach them; they believed they knew as much or more than me, the teacher! I tried to keep a sense of humor at those times, because of course, being the teacher, I knew they did not know as much as I did and they had many things to learn.

I wonder how many times our life requires God to have a sense of humor with us? How many times do our actions and attitudes seem to tell God we don't need His help or we don't have anything else to learn from Him? How many times do we try to tell the Great Teacher we know more than He does? The absolute reality is that God is omniscient and knows more than we could ever imagine! I need to remind myself of this fact often and ask God to "Show me your ways, oh Lord teach me your paths" -- Psalm 25:4.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment